Dispute between MLA and farmers: Dispute between MLA and farmers: 4 hours public meeting, 2 hours Ghera police station, one and a half-hour meeting at Balliawala Rest House, then 1-hour talks in the camp office, result zero.
MLA Babli expressed regret after 105 hours
Babli’s message reached even before making arrests, the matter got stuck again due to lack of clear answer from the administration
Standoff… Farmers adamant on the demand to release the accused sent to jail, Tikait said for not accepting the demands – put up tents here, ate food at 11 o’clock.
The dispute, which started on June 1 after an altercation between MLA Devendra Babli and farmers, came to an end on Saturday evening after the MLA expressed his regret. But due to this development, there was an atmosphere of tension in different places of the district and the state including Tohana city for more than 105 hours. Which continued till late at night. Various leaders including farmer leaders Rakesh Tikait, Gurnam Chadhuni, Yogendra Yadav, Jogendra Nain along with thousands of farmers demonstrated arrest.
Till late in the evening, since MLA Babli himself expressed regret, it seemed that the matter would be settled now. But the farmers sitting in the Sadar police station remained adamant on the demand to release the accused who was sent to jail in this incident. At the same time, the farmer leaders announced to continue the dharna and make arrests till this demand is not met.
Police officers of three districts took over command: Tight security arrangements were made by the police administration in Tohana regarding the program of arresting farmers. For this, apart from the SP, two ASPs, 13 DSPs of Hisar, Fatehabad, Sirsa, two RAF units, 11 police companies were present. Apart from the district, farmers also reached from other areas in this demonstration.
Thank. Hundreds of farmers reached the public meeting organized in the grain market.
These were present: Kisan Sangharsh Samiti Haryana’s women’s state president Suman Hooda, Kanta Aldia, Suresh Koth, dumpy wrestler, master Raghuveer Singh, Ranjit, Jagtar Singh, Ramesh Dangra, Rajendra Singh were present.
Farmer said: Today we have come to arrest the police ourselves
The public meeting started at 11 in the morning regarding the program of arrests, which lasted till 3 in the afternoon. Farmer leaders openly challenged the police and administration that if they want to arrest the farmers, they themselves will make arrests today, but they will give these arrests, not in raw papers but based on concrete warrants. There was breath.
Gurnam Singh reached Chaduni before 12 noon. After this Rakesh reached Tikait at quarter to two. Tikait challenged the police administration from an open platform that if the police wanted to arrest him, he was not alone, but thousands of farmers would make their arrests. After this, the farmers left the grain market, which reached the Sadar police station around four o’clock.
Meanwhile, the farmer leaders were giving a speech about making arrests when a message came to them from the administration that the MLAs wanted to apologize after talking. An announcement was made on this there and the consent of the farmers was sought. After this, the round of talks started. For one and a half hours, members of the local unit under the leadership of Gurnam Singh Chadhuni talked to the MLA at Balliawala Rest House. In which the MLA expressed regret. After this, the delegation of farmers came back to the DSP office.
The movement will continue on the border, the government wants to remove it and bring it within the state: Tikait
Farmer leader Rakesh Tikait said that the central government wants to mislead the farmers’ movement. Not only this, but the Haryana government is also trying to mislead this movement and push it towards the border. All 40 members of Kisan Morcha are united. Their protest will continue till the agricultural laws are not repealed. Even if they have to oppose it till 2024.
Tikait said that the United Kisan Morcha is ready to hold talks with the central government on the agriculture law, but the talks will start from where it ended in January. Tikait said that in the coming time elections in UP, Punjab, Uttarakhand, and other states, he will directly campaign against the government. At the same time, he said that the movement which was made furious on 26 January was also under a conspiracy. This 26th will come every month and the government’s grave day will be celebrated on this 26th only.
The talk did not happen even after two meetings
After the message of MLA Babli, the delegation of farmers left from Sadar police station at 5 o’clock. After this, Balliawala left the rest house at 7:30. In which Babli expressed regret. At the same time, a video was also released, in which he said that he forgives those who do wrong to him and I apologize for speaking such words which were not graceful.
After this, the delegation came to the Sadar police station. Where there was a talk with the police for an hour in the DSP camp office. In which the farmer leaders were adamant on the matter of releasing the accused who were sent to jail.
Farmers will not back down till two demands are fulfilled: Yogendra Yadav
Yogendra Yadav, a farmer leader from the forum, said that today in Tohana, he has only two demands that Devendra Babli, the MLA of Tohana, should apologize to the farmers. Second, their arrested farmer companions should be released with immediate effect. Otherwise, he has reached here along with his comrades to give arrest.
Now farmers will not walk with sticks in the movement: Chadhuni
Farmer leader Gurnam Singh Chadhuni said that the Haryana government is committing atrocities on the farmers the most. Lathi-charging the farmers. Registering cases is doing an inhuman act. But the government will have to bear the consequences of this. The way the police are raiding the houses of the farmers is totally wrong. The government will have to bear the consequences of this.
Know- The dispute which started on June 1 at 10 am went on till 7 pm on June 5.
- On June 1, at 11 am, MLA Devendra Babli had to go to the civil hospital in Tohana to launch the vaccination camp for the differently-abled. But the MLAs went to the market, where some farmers started shouting slogans near the city police station. During this, the MLA got down from the car and started an argument with him. During this abusive words were also spoken, after which the controversy escalated. On that day the farmers blocked the road. The MLA’s car was also attacked.
- On June 2, MLA Devendra Babli staged a sit-in demanding action and apologizing. The matter escalated by evening. Some farmers reached late in the evening to gherao the MLA’s Kothi. From where 27 farmers were arrested. Late in the night, Fatehabad and Jakhal police stations were surrounded in protest against him. At the same time, a case was registered against some people for attacking Babli’s car.
- Of the farmers arrested on June 3, 24 were released, while two were produced before the court. While one of the accused was absconding. Demonstration for not leaving two farmers.
- On June 4, in the early morning, the police raided many places for the arrest of the accused of attacking the MLA’s vehicle. One accused was caught in this. Meanwhile, in the evening, information came that on June 5, many leaders including Rakesh Tikait would reach Tohana to make arrests.
- On June 5, at 10 in the morning, farmers started gathering. After Gurnam Singh Chadhuni by noon, Rakesh Tikait and Yogendra Yadav, etc. reached Tohana. After 9 hours of dharna demonstration, gherao of the police station, MLA Babli expressed regret.
Also, read these
- Kisan Andolan: Farmers will gather in Delhi again in July, will make a strategy to harm BJP in the Uttar Pradesh elections
- Haryana: Farmers performance and will get money instead of mustard oil… read five big news of the state